Allows recording notes on cases that can only be viewed by users with selected user roles or permissions.
The notes entered using this block are not shown in the standard case notes on a case, cannot be found via the Search menu option to search Notes, and do not appear in reports.
Also see: Social Service Notes on Cases that allows recording detail of interest to social workers.
Site administrators place this block on an auxiliary case/matter form. The link to use the form may optionally be restricted by setting user role permissions on the auxiliary process that calls the form. Use of the block is controlled by a user role permission (see below).
If the user's role has permission, the block displays:
* Note Date - defaults to current date
* Staff Person - dropdown list of current staff that defaults to the person filling out the form
* Date Stamp - read only record of the date and time the note was created and the user creating it
* Notes - text box
This block can display a branch logic form, but only for users with selected roles or selected permissions. Roles or permissions are set in the block configuration.
If a user without the proper role or permission views a page with this block, they see a message like "Permission Denied". The message text is set in the block configuration.
A user with permission sees a button like "Show Restricted Notes". The button label is set in the block configuration.
Clicking the button displays the branch logic form, which will typically have the Restricted Notes list on it, and any other desired elements.
The Restricted Notes list shows the information collected by the Restricted Notes block. Administrators place it on the subform that is selected in the Branch Logic Confidential Viewer block.
The Restricted Note View Logs list shows who has clicked the button to view the restricted notes, and the date and time they viewed them.
The Restricted Note Edit Logs shows the list of any edits made to restricted notes, who made the edit, and the date and time of the edit.
Unless a user's role has the "View/Edit Restricted Notes" permission, the Restricted Notes block displays "You do not have permission to edit Restricted Notes".
1. Edit at least the Administrator user role permissions (Admin > User Roles) and give it the "View/Edit Restricted Notes" permission.
2. Create an auxiliary form, suggested name "Add Restricted Notes", and put the Restricted Notes block on it.
3. Create an auxiliary process, suggested name "Add Restricted Notes", enable the eponymous form. Save it, then edit it if you want to remove User Role permissions, and thus hide the link from users with those roles.
4. Create a branch logic form, suggested name "Restricted Notes List", and put the Restricted Notes list view on it. In the list configuration, select your Add Restricted Notes auxiliary process in the Edit Form selector. This is the process that will be used when someone clicks on a note date in the list to edit it.
5. Create an auxiliary form, suggested name "View Restricted Notes", and add the Branch Logic Confidential Viewer block to it. Select your branch logic form as the Subform, edit the text labels as desired, and configure the restrictions.
6. Create an auxiliary process, suggested name "View Restricted Notes", enable the eponymous form. Save it, then edit it if you want to remove User Role permissions, and thus hide the link from users with those roles.
7. Get the links for the new auxiliary processes into the Actions menu on cases. This usually means adding the processes to a Custom Link Box element on the Main Profile (or Menu Boxes if used). See Profiles - Side Bar, Actions Menu, and Views Menu Elements for help on this.
The above is a suggested setup, but site administrators are free to use a different setup. For example, the Add and View functions could be combined onto one auxiliary form if desired.
Worth noting: The Branch Logic Confidential Viewer block works when placed directly on the Main Profile (or profile layout views). The button (or no permission message) displays, and the notes are displayed if clicked. There is no "close" button to hide or collapse the list of notes. The list is hidden behind the button when the page is refreshed.
Where to place the View and Edit logs list views is up to each site, but they should be on an auxiliary form behind an auxiliary process (Actions menu link) that only certain roles can view.