Displays fields needed to enter one or more asset entries on a matter, and optionally display whether the matter is asset eligible.
In addition to the configuration options below, the behavior of asset entries can be affected by the configuration of each asset type in the Asset lookup list in Admin / Lookups. Each asset type can be configured to display "Show Balance/Loan + Equity" fields and/or to "Default to Excluded". Both options are set to "No" by default for each type. This allows, for example, the value of an applicant's home to be collected (including optionally how much is owed), but excluded by default from the total assets calculation.
Note: Using this block instead of the asset options in the "Financial Information - Alternate" block is recommended, but not required. If this block is used, then the asset configuration options in the financial block must be unchecked.
* Show "Asset Information" header
* Instruction box - the text displayed between the header (if displayed) and the asset entry row(s)
* Asset Notes - display a notes field for each asset entry
* "Other" Value Asset Notes - if "Other" is selected as an asset type, display an additional note field
* Require Assets - require at least one asset entry, which can be the "No Assets" selection
* Ask if Assets are Provided? - displays the "Assets Provided? Yes/No" question. If "No" is selected, the asset entry fields are hidden and Asset Eligible is set to "No".
* Ask for Public Needs Assistance - displays "Is this Needs Based Public Needs Assistance? Yes/No". If "Yes" is selected, the asset entry fields are hidden and Asset Eligible is set to "Yes"
* Show Assets Eligible - display the calculated Asset Eligible field. The value is calculated and saved even if not displayed.
* Show Exclude Box? - display an Exclude checkbox for each asset entry, allowing its value to not be counted towards total assets
* See below for the asset cap options
* Add decimal places to the end of amounts if none specified? - changes entry of a 5 to 5.00, for example.
* See below for the asset defaults options.
* Show Asset Totals - display the calculated total.
* Show Asset Information - hides all the elements the block normally displays.
* Base asset cap for 0/1 adult
* Base asset cap for multiple adults
* Cap increment per family member
* Asset cap regardless of maximum HH size
If a value is entered for the "Base asset cap for multiple adults" option, then it is used as the base for 2 or more adults in the household, and the cap increment will be used beginning with the 3rd person in the household, whether a 3rd adult or a child.
The "Asset cap regardless of HH size" allows implementing a policy such as $5,000 for 1 in the household, $2,500 increment, but $10,000 for 3 or more in the household.
* Allow Asset Override? - display the Override button
* Require Asset Override? - development note: this option should not be used
* Require Asset Override Notes? - require text in the note box if an override is entered
The block displays a single asset entry by default, with +/- buttons allowing as many entries as needed. The following options alter this behavior.
* Edit Asset Defaults button - displays a configuration window where Asset Default 0 through Asset Default 19 can be selected
* Use Static Default Values - the default asset types configured with the button display as editable dropdown fields; enabling this option prevents this, making the configured types read-only
* Allow Addition of Assets Besides Defaults - display a plus button to allow other asset entries to be added