Court Case Block
Provides a way to collect information about a court case for a client. The fields displayed depend on the configuration options selected.
The block creates a Litigation record for a case if one does not exist, or edits the first litigation record on a case. It is a simpler alternative to the "Add Litigation" link, and can be useful on intake forms to quickly create a record.
The Docket Number / Court Case ID field that can be displayed can be searched via the Search menu.
* The Court Case Prescreen block also collects a Docket Number. As the name indicates, it was designed for use on prescreens, and displays a search link so a number can be searched before creating a new matter for an applicant.
* Administrators can alternatively create a site specific text field to collect a court case number if the ability to search on these numbers is not important. This simplifies reporting because the site specific field is not on the Litigation subtable.
* Show Claimant - displays the "Claimant ID" text field
* Show Docket Number - displays the Docket Number or Court Case ID field (naming varies)
* Show Format - displays a format hint in the Docket Number field label and makes the format required
* Show Court - displays a dropdown list of courts (organizations with the "Court" organization type)
* Show Judge - displays a dropdown list of judges (contacts with the "Judge" contact type)