LSC Eligibility Information and SITE Eligibility Information Block
These blocks perform the same function and provide the same configuration options. One or both can be used to have LegalServer make a determination of an applicant's eligibility, or a client's continuing eligibility, depending on the configuration options selected. The eligibility factors can be, and often are, different for each block.
For the latter block, "SITE" is replaced by the text in the Secondary Eligibility Name field on the Admin / Process Settings page. For example, ELA for "Example Legal Aid".
Agencies that are not funded by LSC might want to make the LSC determination if they have a close referral relationship with an LSC-funded organization.
One or both blocks are generally placed on an intake form, and on an auxiliary form to allow eligibility to be redetermined on pending and open cases, for example if income changes. These blocks are also often used as part of a two-step auxiliary process for an "Edit financial information" link. The first step of the process displays a form with the appropriate financial blocks, and the second step displays one or both of the eligibility blocks.
* Text to Show When Eligible
* Text to Show When Ineligible
* Exception/Override Label
* Allow Eligibility Override - allows LegalServer's eligibility determination to be overridden. Automatically creates a system note that records the date of the override and who did it.
* Require Notes if Overriding
* Show Override/Exception only if Determined Ineligible
* Instructions to Show above Override/Exception Reason
* Override/Exception Reason Label
* Use Special Exception Field - displays the "Yes" value, in read-only form, of the "Is this matter eligible?" field.
* Show Document Selection - form elements that allow document(s) to be uploaded
* Client Conflict Status - eligibility will fail unless status is No Conflict.
* Duplicate Status - eligibility will fail unless status is Not a Duplicate.
* Adverse Party Conflict Status - eligibility will fail unless status is No Conflict.
* Legal Problem Code - eligibility will fail unless LPC is designated as eligible in Admin / Lookups / Problem Codes.
* Citizenship Status - eligibility will fail unless the status is Citizen, or if Immigration Status is also tested and it has an eligible value.
* Immigration Status - eligibility will fail unless Immigration Status is designated as eligible in Admin / Lookups / Immigration Statuses.
* Client Income (including Override) - allows the income factor of eligibility to be determined by the "Income Eligible" field from the Financial Information - Alternate block. That block must be configured to set the Income Eligible field. Use this option OR the following income options:
* Income (Recalculated) - use this option OR the preceding Client Income option.
* Percentage of Poverty
* Consider Median Income as Part of Income Validation
* Percentage of Median Income
* Max. POP to Consider Adjusted - do not use adjusted percentage of poverty to determine eligibility if the percentage of poverty exceeds this amount
* Adjusted Percentage of Poverty
* Client Assets (including override) - allows the asset factor of eligibility to be determined by the "Asset Eligible" field from the financial page of intake, typically the Assets block (or the Financial Information - Alternate block). Either block must be configured to set the Asset Eligible field. Use this option OR the following asset options:
* Assets - use this option OR the preceding Client Assets option
* Liquid Asset Cap - the base asset cap for each case/matter
* Allowance for Each Additional Family Member - the amount to be added to the asset cap for each additional person in the household
* Non-Liquid Asset Cap
* Retainer Agreement - eligibility will fail unless the associated field is Yes. NB: Many sites have repurposed this field and changed the short name. Check your Admin > System Field Management page, searching for confidential_verify to see what the short name is. That field can possibly be found at this link -- https://yoursite.legalserver.org/system/system_field/edit/599.
* Percentage of Poverty (Application) - use the percentage of poverty from the Basic Financial Information block as an eligibility factor
* Percentage of Poverty Limit - only applies if the previous option is selected