User/Contact Associations Block
This block can be used in the Contact and User modules. It allows one or more Contact records to be associated with a User record, or vice versa. For example, to associate someone on staff as staff liaison for a pro bono volunteer.
The block is designed to be used on auxiliary forms. If added to the first form in a create process, it will display an instruction note that it can't be used in that way.
This screenshot is from the block on a user form:
* User/Contact: search and select box of contacts (and optionally users) when the block is on a User form
* User: dropdown list of users when the block is on a Contact form
* Association Type: from the User Contact Association Type lookup list
* Note: text
* Associated By: defaults to the user filling out the form
* Associated On: defaults to today's date
Plus/minus toggle buttons allow adding and removing multiple associations, up to the configured maximum.
The User Contact Associations list view element is available to display this information on dynamic contact and user profile pages.
Tip: Several of the fields are required, so this block works best by itself on an auxiliary form. Placing it on a form with other fields and blocks will require users to enter at least one association to submit the form.
* The maximum number of associations allowed - defaults to 10
* Also associate with users - this option only displays when the block is on a user form